I’m originally from Little Rock, Arkansas but I currently live in Europe. I’ve been to 41 countries, and add more each year.
My wife and I cofounded Discosloth, a search marketing company. We’ve managed over $2MM in ad spend for dozens of clients in travel, healthcare, ecommerce, and other verticals.
Successes and failures:
- wearing a hazmat suit through Liberian ebola unit during 2014 outbreak
- taking 18 flights around the world to 6 countries in 40 days
- wrecking, then rebuilding a Suzuki 600
- bribing Kenyan border guard $65 to let me leave the country
- hiking on New Zealand glaciers
- scuba diving in Bali
- getting pulled over by police while driving a Mitsubishi in Monrovia
- walking through Chernobyl
- getting poisoned from Moroccan street food
- buying antibiotics for $2 in a Cambodian street market to get over the food poisoning
Countries visited: Liberia, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Morocco, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Iceland, Ireland, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Monaco, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican City, Austria, Moldova, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Hungary, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Mexico, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Belarus, Ukraine
I’ve written a book, Write The Other Way: Or, How To Have Fun And Not Die In Other Countries, which covers some things I’ve done like riding a beater motorcycle around Uganda, getting stranded in Rajasthan, and turning down baggies of cocaine in Costa Rica.