After several years in the creative side of marketing, I realized that even the most compelling media doesn’t do anything if people don’t see it. Notable projects included producing fundraising film in Liberia during 2014 Ebola outbreak, media for development organizations in Costa Rica, India, Uganda, Kenya, and South Africa, and branding strategies for dozens of other NGOs.
After this, I worked in special projects at AirTreks, a round-the-world airfare company. Led content marketing & branding design strategies. Produced 18 videos, including a micro-doc filmed across 6 countries with 18 flights in 40 days.
In 2017, Anya and I co-founded Discosloth, a search marketing company providing PPC (pay-per-click) & SEO (search engine optimization) via partnerships with companies and agencies through white labeling.
Media I’ve Been Interviewed In:
- New York Times – “Hard to Do: Businesses May Need to Break Up With Customers”
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette – “Customers aren’t always right”
- Entrepreneur Interviews – “Interview: Discosloth revamps the way businesses use PPC and SEO”
- Washington Post – “Hard to do: Businesses may need to break up with customers”
- The Bison – Harding University “Alumnus Returns From Documenting Ebola”
- INC Magazine- “Why You Sometimes Need to ‘Break Up’ With a Client”
- Clinton School of Public Service “Ebola Close To Home”
- Rasmussen College – “A Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Professionalism in the Workplace”
- Arkansas Business – “Small Business: Businesses May Need to Break Up with Customers”
- LivePlan “When Is the Right Time to Bring on a Business Partner?”
- Insureon “How To Get Clients for a New Business”
- Recruiter.com “When Interviews Turn To Stand-Up”
- Capterra “3 Reasons Why Your Small Business Needs a B2B Payment Solution”
- Bankrate “Breaking The Cycle Of Underemployment”
Marketing & Digital Development Articles I’ve Authored
For the past several years I’ve regularly written articles on marketing, blockchain, and business development. I’ve collected them here so I don’t forget where they’re published (and for your reading pleasure):
Getting started: it’s as bad, and as exciting, as you had thought (Business Vision)
Three Elements of a High-Converting Landing Page – August 8, 2017 (discosloth.com)
Organization Marketing: Telling Stories With Faces – April 4, 2016 (gilgildner.com)
Barter & Trade In Developing Markets – March 26, 2016 (linkedin.com)